header right


Divorce (also called a "dissolution of marriage") may be filed by a party seeking to end a marriage.  A dissolution or divorce may be granted in the state of California for irreconcilable differences or incurable insanity.  To obtain a divorce in the state of California you or your spouse must have lived in California for the last 6 months and for 3 months in the county where you are going to file for divorce. Most people will have to do a regular divorce, but if you qualify for a summary dissolution it is much easier.

Note that if you need to have issues addressed in court sooner rather than later (like child support), you should file an Request for Order along with your divorce in order to get a court date.

©2017 Superior Court of California, County of Placer. All rights reserved
Terms of Use | Comments regarding this Web site may be directed to: webmaster@placer.courts.ca.gov