header right

How to Request Copies?

To request copies by mail, submit a check payable to 'Clerk of the Court'. DO NOT SEND CASH. If the total amount is unknown, indicate under the amount line 'not to exceed $30.00’. All checks must be preprinted with makers name and address. The correct amount will be filled in. A receipt will be forwarded back to you along with the requested copies. Please include a self addressed, stamped envelope large enough to accommodate the request.

Please provide the following information:

  • Petitioner's and Respondent's name
  • Case Number
  • Specific documents requested
  • Your telephone number

When requesting a certified copy of a judgment (divorce decree), if you do not know the case number, you must provide us with the full name of both parties at the time the divorce was filed and the approximate year of the filing.

Copy costs:
Requests for copies is $.50 per page.
If certification is requested, an additional $25.00 per document will be assessed.

Requesting Certified Judgments
A certified copy of a judgment is $15.00 per document plus an additional $.50 per page will be assessed.

You may also come into the office between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, to request copies in person.

Requesting Copies of Paternity Cases
To request copies from a paternity case, you must come into the office and show picture identification. Information/copies can only be provided to the actual parties listed on the case.

Copy orders are filled within three to four weeks.

Request for Copies Local Form


Get Adobe Reader Logo The forms that are available on this Web site are in PDF format and require a PDF reader to view them. Adobe Reader, is available for free and allows you to view, navigate and print these PDF files. To get Adobe Reader visit their Web site at www.adobe.com or http://get.adobe.com/reader/

©2017 Superior Court of California, County of Placer. All rights reserved
Terms of Use | Comments regarding this Web site may be directed to: webmaster@placer.courts.ca.gov