header right

Court Reporters

How do I request a court transcript?

All transcript requests can be referred to Mary Ann Sweeney at 916-408-6153.

You can request transcripts online by filling out a simple online transcript request form. Please note that all the fields are required for the form to be submitted. You can also request transcripts by following the steps below.

If you already know the name of the court reporter, please complete the Transcript Request Form and either mail or fax it to the Supervising Court Reporter (address and fax number on form). Once the completed form is received, your request will be forwarded to the designated court reporter. The court reporter will contact you. Please allow a few days for your request to be processed. (Note: use a separate form for each transcript request.)

If you do NOT know the name of the court reporter, visit the clerk’s office and request to see the file. The name of the court reporter should be located on the minute order within the court file.


How much will my transcript cost?

Once the court reporter contacts you, he or she will tell you the cost of the transcript. They will also discuss how to pay for the transcript, the length of time it will take to complete, and where to pick it up. At this time, you can ask the court reporter any other questions you may have.


What if I need my transcript ASAP?

If your transcript request is urgent, mark “RUSH” on the Transcript Request Form. It usually takes a few days to process a request, but we will expedite rush requests. There may be an additional fee for expedited transcript requests; if so, the court reporter will tell you when he or she contacts you.

In some cases, it may not be possible for a reporter to provide a transcript on a rush basis, but every effort will be made to meet the request.

From how far back in time can I request a transcript?

According to state law (Government Code Section 68152 (j)(7)), the court reporters’ notes for criminal cases are destroyed after ten years, and notes for civil cases are destroyed after five years. The notes for death penalty cases are never destroyed.

There may be transcripts of certain proceedings in the court files. If you would like to possess a copy of any of these transcripts, please contact the Supervising Court Reporter with the name of the court reporter. At that time, we will help you get in contact with the specified reporter.

How can I contact the Court if I have a question?

If you have any other questions or concerns, contact Mary Ann Sweeney, Supervising Court Reporter, at 916-408-6153 for assistance.

©2017 Superior Court of California, County of Placer. All rights reserved
Terms of Use | Comments regarding this Web site may be directed to: webmaster@placer.courts.ca.gov