header right

Jury Duty

Exemptions From Jury Duty

Placer County considers the following listed excuses for exemption from jury duty. If any of them apply to your situation, you need to check the appropriate section on the bottom of your jury summons, sign, date, and return it to the jury office as soon as possible.

If you are not a citizen of the United States, please check the appropriate section and state the country in which you claim citizenship. Please date and sign the bottom of the affidavit and return it to the Jury Office.

If you are under eighteen years of age, please check the appropriate section.

If you have moved and have a new address inside or outside the state of California, please write the current address in the area marked for this change.

If you do not speak, write or understand the English language, please mark the section with your primary language, sign, date and return it.

If you are a felon and have not had your rights restored, please mark that section with the year and county/state in which you were convicted.

If you are a peace officer as defined in Section 830.1, 830.2(a-c) or 830.33(a) of the California Penal Code, indicate in the appropriate section which agency you are employed and your badge number, sign, date and return it.

If you have a permanent health problem and want to be exempted, please have your doctor write a note for you stating it is a “permanent” problem and send it to us. If the word “permanent” is not on the excuse from your doctor, we will consider it as a “temporary” excuse. If you are 70 years of age or older, a doctor’s verification is not required. You may write your own health explanation on the summons, date, sign, and return it to us.

If you are a nursing mother, we can help you for up to a year (longer if needed).

If you are caring for any other person(s) in your home, please state the age, the relationship and circumstances.

Persons under conservatorship may be exempted.


© 2006 - 2013 Superior Court of California, County of Placer. All rights reserved
Terms of Use | Site Map | Comments regarding this Web site may be directed to: webmaster@placer.courts.ca.gov