header right

Start Your Domestic Violence Restraining Order

These are the forms to use to get a restraining order against someone with whom you have had a romantic or close familial relationship.

Step 1:  Filling out the paperwork

Request for Order (DV-100): Fill this out completely.  The more specific you can be the better.
Description of Abuse (DV-101):  Use this page if you need more room to describe additional abuse.
Temporary Restraining Order and Notice of Hearing (DV-110):  This form must match what you requested in DV-100. 
Notice of Hearing (DV-109): Fill out your name, address and phone number in the top left portion of the form.

Confidential CLETS Information (DV-260):  Fill this out so that law enforcement knows how to identify you and the restrained party if the restraining order is violated.
Child Custody, Visitation and Support Request (DV-105) and Child Custody and Visitation Order (DV-140):  These should be filled if child custody needs to be addressed in the DVRO.  The DV-105 is attached to the Request (DV-100) and the DV-140 is attached to the Temporary Restraining Order.

Step 2:  Filing the paperwork

The filing window is in the Family Court, at 10820 Justice Center Drive, Roseville, CA 95678.  The clerk will make copies for you. There is no charge to file a DVRO.

You must serve a copy of all the papers on the other party, along with a blank Response (DV-120) have a friend or relative over the age of eighteen give the papers to the other party.  Or, request that the Placer County Sheriff serve the papers on the party to be restrained.  There is no fee for serving DVRO papers.

Step 3: Filling out the proof of service

If the sheriff does not do the service, the person who serves the papers on the other party needs to fill out a Proof of Personal Service (DV-200).  Be sure to fill in the date and time that the Respondent was served.  The Proof of Service needs to be filed with the court  (see Step 2). There is no fee for this.  You do not need to make any copies unless you want one for your records (a good idea!).

If you receive temporary orders, they are effective as soon as the restrained party is served.  Go to your court date!

©2017 Superior Court of California, County of Placer. All rights reserved
Terms of Use | Comments regarding this Web site may be directed to: webmaster@placer.courts.ca.gov