header right

Not Guilty Plea

If your citation does not require a mandatory appearance then you may plead not guilty either in person or in writing. If you wish to come into the clerk’s office and enter a plea of not guilty you may do so Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. You may request an officer court trial or a trial by declaration. Per §40519 CVC you may enter your plea through the mail, please be sure to indicate which type of trial you wish to have.

The court must receive a request for continuance at least 14 days prior to the trial date in order for the continuance to be granted. The request must be in writing or in person at the clerk’s office.

©2017 Superior Court of California, County of Placer. All rights reserved
Terms of Use | Comments regarding this Web site may be directed to: webmaster@placer.courts.ca.gov