Chat with us, powered by LiveChat
Contact Us

Civil cases are brought by a plaintiff or petitioner asking the court to intervene in a dispute involving rights, money, or property. Judges hear cases involving Harassment, Landlord/Tenant, Small Claims, Probate, Workplace Violence, Elder Abuse and Name Changes.

If you need assistance selecting or filling out the appropriate forms, please visit the Court's Self-Help Center. If you are interested in Alternative Dispute Resolution to resolve your case and review this information sheet, you may seek a mediation service prior to coming to court or inquire at your hearing.

Placer Superior Court's Civil Unit also handles Appeals. For more information on Appeals.

online services


You may file a fee waiver if you cannot afford to pay the court fees for your case.

A current schedule of fees can be viewed on our Fee Schedules page.

Filing Rules

Please adhere to Ca Rule of Court 201 when filing documents wit the court.

Include an addressed envelope with adequate postage for the return of conformed copies.

Pre-punch all papers in the standard two hole position.

An original and 2 copies must be submitted.

Civil Law and Motion Tentative Rulings

Civil Law and Motion Tentative Rulings

Request a Tentative Ruling: (916)408-6480

Request an Oral Argument: (916)408-6481

Contact Us

Contact the Civil Division at (916) 408-6000 option 5

Civil FAQ

For more information filing a Civil Case and what to expect, visit the Judicial Council Self-Help Center.

© 2021 Superior Court of Placer County