Ability-To-Pay Requests

If you cannot pay the full amount of a fine for an infraction offense (including most traffic tickets), you may ask the Court to reduce the amount you owe based on your ability to pay. You must show proof that you do not have the financial means to pay your fine. You may ask the Court to consider your ability to pay at any point in the process, but you must enter a plea of “guilty” or “no contest” before the Court can give you an answer.


The easiest way to request a fine reduction is to use the Court’s new online request tool


Do not use the online tool if you wish to:

  1. contest the citation,
  2. you would like to attend traffic school, or
  3. you have proof of correction and would like a dismissal or reduction of those charges.


With this tool, you can:

  • Enter a plea
  • Make an ability to pay (reduction) request
  • Request a payment plan
  • Request more time to pay
  • Request community service in lieu of paying fines and fees

Go to MyCitations

TR-320 Can’t Afford to Pay Fine: Traffic and Other Infractions

If you cannot use the online MyCitations tool, you may use Form TR-320 to provide information that you would like a judge to consider in your reduction request. 


Go to Form